Home
Plains Indians
General Collections
Transportation
Agriculture
Preserved Buildings
An 1879 Pioneer Home
A 1902 Rural School House
Bethel Mennonite Church
Johannesthal Reformed Church
Archives
Related Links
 
Printer Friendly Page

Johannesthal Reformed Church

The founders of the Johannesthal Reformed Church emigrated from Germany to South Russia in 1820 and came to America in 1873. The church got its name from Johannes Insow, who was in charge of relief for the Russian government. The first church building was replaced by this one in 1902 and served the congregation until 1967, when the members voted to merge with the Zion Congregation in Menno.

The exterior appearance was very simple.
The interior was similiarly simple.


Contact: info@freemanmuseum.org.